This course qualifies for 1 credit
Class FREE with product purchase! Details included in Westalee Design Sampler Set packaging.
In this project we will be learning to work with two basic but versatile templates as well as a few very important other tools.
Speaking of the versatility of the 12" Arc Ruler, Leonie will show you how to use the other side of the tool to add curves to your block and even create a circular border around the inner design.
It’s always fun to push the limits of your creativity to see just how much you can create with only a few templates. The amazing variety of possibilities is why the Westalee Design Sampler Set has remained one of the most popular purchases for quilters interested in ruler work.
By the end of the project you should feel familiar with using the 12" Arc, Westalee Design COQ Spinning Wheel #36, Westalee Design Spacing Gauge, Westalee Design Crosshair Square. You will come away learning how to get a little creative on placing and stitching around your templates.
Featuring the Westalee Design Sampler Set, the Quilted Star Project Pattern will give you step by step instructions to complete (1) 12-1/2" x 12-1/2" block.
But don't stop there! You can make as many blocks as you wish and create a quilt.
Designed By Leonie West
- 1 - 15-1/2" x 151/2" Backing
- 1 - 15-1/2" x 151/2" Batting
- 1 - 15-1/2" x 151/2" Quilt Top Fabric
Westalee Design Tools:
- Westalee Design Ruler Foot to suit your machine
- Westalee Design 12" Arc (that comes with your Westalee Ruler Foot)
- Westalee Design “Circles on Quilts” Spinning Wheel 36 (from the Westalee Design Sampler Set)
- Westalee Design Spacing Gauge (recommended)
- Westalee Design Crosshair Ruler for marking crosshair reference lines (recommended)
- Westalee Design Stable Tape (recommended)
- Sew Steady Grid Glider (Optional)
- Sew Steady Table (Optional)
Instructional Video and Pattern. *Template Products Not Included.