Class FREE with product purchase! Details included in Westalee Design Feathers or Feather Spines Template packaging.
Table runners are an easy and effective way to dress up an ordinary table and they come in a wide variety of sizes, materials and colors. This fun project by Paula Reid is the perfect accent piece to your dining room that you can create yourself and decorate with Westalee Design ruler work
The project includes the use of a Feather Template and a Feather Spine. The detailed instructions will teach you how to Quilt Feathers on a curved Spine and incorporate grid lines to fill the quilt in. With the Feather templates and the Spine templates you can create a wide variety of stitching patterns. Wavy borders, straight borders and everything in between.
Often described as an “artist with a sewing machine”, Paula Reid is a custom heirloom quilting specialist. She has vigorously attacked the stacks of tops residing in many quilters’ homes, thus freeing them from accumulated guilt and allowing them to purchase more fabric, books, patterns, etc. to use up all that extra space in the sewing room!
“Fluff & Stuff” is what Paula calls her method for moving large quilts through a home machine. She began teaching workshops on her techniques in the southern California region in 1993, expanding to national teaching a few years later when appearances on “Simply Quilts” brought her to the attention of a larger audience. Now spending weeks at a time on the road, she has decided that nothing is more fun than sharing ideas with the quilters she meets on her travels.
Paula is a Westalee Design Accredited Teacher, and designer of the Ruler Play Feather project.
- Three 10” squares batik or other tone-on tone fabric
- ½ yard for sashings, border and binding
- 17”x40” batting of choice
- 17”x40” fabric for quilt backing
- Neutral thread for piecing
- 50 wt. cotton thread in the bobbin for quilting
- 40 wt. polyester embroidery thread in top of machine for quilting
- Microtex sharp needle 80/12 for piecing
- Jeans/Denim needle or Topstitch 90/14 for quilting
Westalee Design Templates
- Westalee Design 10" Feather Spine
- Westalee Design 3" Feather Template
- Westalee Design 8" x 2 Straight Ruler
- Sew Steady Grid Glider
Instructional Video and Pattern. *Template Products Not Included.